Attorney William Head is a Senior Partner of William C. Head PC, a law firm in Atlanta, GA. As a lawyer in Atlanta, Georgia, attorney Head serves Fulton County, as well as clients throughout Georgia.
Areas of Practice
- Administrative Law
- Appellate Practice
- Auto Accident
- Criminal Defense
- DUI / DWI
- Medical Malpractice
- Personal Injury
- Wrongful Death
Admitted to Practice Law
- Member of the Georgia Bar since 1976; no disciplinary action.
|:||University of Georgia, Athens, GA|
|Law School||:||University of Georgia School of Law, Athens, GA|
- Board Certified in DUI Defense - ABA certification overseen by the National College for DUI Defense - 1 of only 4 in GA, all of whom are located in one of the 4 Metro Atlanta counties, incidentally, and one of fewer than 60 DUI Lawyers nationwide.
- Named to Super Lawyers every year since the accolade has existed in GA for DUI defense (only 1 of 2 DUI attorneys in the entire State of Georgia).
- Named to Best Lawyers in America longer than any other DUI lawyer in Atlanta or any other Georgia city, and twice named "DUI Lawyer of the Year" by this international attorney reviews company. No other DUI lawyer in Atlanta (or Georgia) has more recognitions.
- The only DUI lawyer in America voted upon by the entire national membership of NCDD.com, and named "Best Lawyer in America" in 2003.
- The only DUI lawyer in Georgia to be an invited speaker for either ICADTS (International Council on Alcohol, Drugs & Traffic Safety) in 2008, or AAFS (American Academy of Forensic Sciences) in 2012 (keynote speaker for the Toxicology section).
- U.S. News and World Report, Best Law Firms in America. The law firms he has lead, as Senior Partner, have been named to EVERY one of this prominent magazine’s lists.
- Martindale-Hubbell “av” (Highest Skill Level) and preeminent (Highest Ethical Values) for over two decades.
- Invited speaker to over a dozen Judges’ seminars, including (in Georgia) Superior Court, State Court, Municipal Court, Probate Court, and Administrative Law Judges (Office of State Administrative Hearings). Additionally, Mr. Head has been invited to two different ABA national Judges’ conferences, with one in Chicago, IL and another in Lake Chelan, Washington.
- The only DUI lawyer in America to be allowed to go to a state crime lab for purposes of videotaping the various laboratory testing methods used to determine qualitative standards and quantitation processes of biological samples to be used to train fellow impaired driving lawyers.
- Unmatched advanced training in Field Sobriety Test research and reliability (over a dozen courses), plus Mr. Head originated the concept of sponsoring the initial field sobriety test training courses for DUI attorneys in July 0f 1994. This training not only provides Mr. Head with an edge in trial, but greatly assists in an exhaustive analysis of the performance of each arresting officer in DUI cases that Mr. Head handles.
- Extensive Blood Test Forensic Laboratory Training, to be able to challenge a blood drug test or alcohol blood test (over 200 hours of total training on methods, instrumentation, sources of error, causes of contamination, toxicology, pharmacodynamics, pharmacokinetics, and presumptive tests vs. confirmatory tests by crime laboratories).
- Book author or co-author on DUI defenses since 1991, starting with “101 Ways to Avoid a Drunk Driving Conviction,” and in over a dozen DUI defense law books, including being co-author of the leading publication in Georgia on GA DUI laws, The Georgia DUI Trial Practice Manual, published by the world’s largest law book publisher, Thomson-Reuters (formerly West Publishing).
- Life member, NACDL (the nation's largest criminal defense lawyer organization).
- Life member, GACDL (Georgia’s largest criminal defense attorney organization).
- Associate Member of the American Academy of Forensic Sciences.
- Member of IACT (International Association for Chemical Testing) where mostly state experts (like the GBI) send their crime lab employees for training on breath alcohol testing, blood drug test results, types of blood test used by a crime lab, and various alcohol breath test devices.
- Borkenstein Institute Training – In 2000, Mr. Head was permitted to attend this specialized course in Bloomington, Indiana, named after the inventor of the breathalyzer, Dr. Robert Borkenstein. Fewer than 5 Georgia lawyers have ever taken this course, since their main purpose is to train state crime laboratory employees worldwide.
William C. “Bubba” Head is a defense attorney with 40 years of criminal litigation. The Atlanta DUI attorney has authored or co-authored over a dozen books on criminal law, & is Board Certified by the ABA in DUI Defense. Best Lawyers in America, Martindale-Hubbell "av" preeminent, & Super Lawyers have recognized his expertisery year eated in 2004. More than 20 years ago, the DUI specialist started the National College for DUI Defense, and launched national DUI lawyer training for field sobriety tests and breath alcohol testing. An expert on GA DUI laws, he has handled thousands of successful DUI cases and over 200 appeals of criminal and civil cases, both for his firm and for other criminal defense attorneys..
Born: Columbus GA
William C. Head PC
William C. Head PC was founded in 1976. William C. Head PC is located in Fulton County Georgia.
DUI-DWI; criminal defense; plaintiff's personal injury; appellate practice; white collar crime; regulatory law.
Press Releases and Achievements
Atlanta DUI Lawyer named as Best DUI Attorney Atlanta for Second Time
December 26, 2016 — For the second time in five years, Best Lawyers in America has named Atlanta DUI Lawyer William C. "Bubba" Head the Best DUI Attorney Atlanta.