Attorney Mouris Behboud is a Partner of Strategic Tax Lawyers LLP, a law firm in Santa Monica, CA. As a lawyer in Santa Monica, California, attorney Behboud serves Los Angeles County, as well as clients throughout California.
Areas of Practice
- Estate Planning
- Tax Law
Admitted to Practice Law
|Law School||:||Southwestern Univ SOL|
Mouris Behboud is a California Tax law attorney helping clients nationwide. He has been a practicing attorney since 1998. As a member of the State Bar of California and an Accredited Valuation Analyst, Mr. Behboud specializes in matters involving tax controversies, estate and gift tax compliance, tax audits, and valuation. From 1999 to 2007, prior to going into private practice, Mr. Behboud was a Tax Attorney & IRS AUDITOR for the Tax Division of the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) for years. During that period, Mr. Behboud handled numerous tax audits, negotiated settlements, reviewed valuation reports, and managed all aspects of negotiations and dispute resolution with attorneys, CPAs and appraisers. Subsequently, Mr. Behboud, was a principal in the estate and trust practice of Gumbiner Savet Inc., a Santa Monica firm. Mr. Behboud has handled numerous IRS tax controversies for many clients including high net worth individuals and large corporations. He is an accredited valuation analyst and is sought after expert to testify in tax court.
Mr. Behboud is currently the managing partner at Strategic Tax Lawyer's, LLP, a law firm specializing in IRS and State Tax Controversies serving clients nationwide. Mr. Behboud's top priority is to utilize his extensive knowledge and experience in the tax realm to maximize benefit for his tax distressed clientele.
Mr. Behboud also served on several task forces, including the task force on coordinating family limited partnership in Los Angeles. Mr. Behboud has published several articles on estate planning topics, and has spoken at numerous estate planning events, most recently at an event sponsored by the Los Angeles County Bar Association, which was attended by a number of probate court judges. Mr. Behboud is the ONLY former IRS Estate Tax Attorney who is in private practice in Southern CA.
A few lectures Mr. Behboud has given include:
- Care and Feeding of Your Friendly IRS Agent: IRS Audits, Appeals and Discounts; Los Angeles County Bar Association; April 2009
- Offshore Bank Accounts and IRS Amnesty: UBS, Century City, May 2011
- 706 DOs and DON'Ts: How to defend an IRS audit; Beverly Hills Estate Planning Council, Beverly Hills, December 2010
A few of Mr. Behboud's published articles include:
- Estate tax: a new beginning - How legislation from the new administration will affect your estate plan,Smart Business Los Angeles , May 2009; http://www.sbnonline.com/2009/04/estate-tax-a-new-beginning-how-legislation-from-the-new-administration-will-affect-your-estate-plan/
- The benefits of GRATs: A smarter way to transfer wealth, Smart Business Los Angeles (interview), December 2007; http://www.sbnonline.com/2007/11/the-benefits-of-grats-a-smarter-way-to-transfer-wealth/
Strategic Tax Lawyers LLP
201 Wilshire Boulevard
Santa Monica, California 90401
Strategic Tax Lawyers LLP is located in Los Angeles County California.
Estate Taxes,Estate Planning, IRS and State Bank's Levy.