Attorney Michael Caolo is a Member of Michael Caolo & Associates, a law firm in Irving, TX. As a lawyer in Irving, Texas, attorney Caolo serves Dallas County, as well as clients throughout Texas.
Areas of Practice
Admitted to Practice Law
- 1970, Texas; US District Court, Northern District of Texas; US Supreme Court
|:||University of Notre Dame, AB, 1966|
|Law School||:||University of Notre Dame and University of Texas School of Law, JD, 1969|
- State Bar of Texas
- American Bar Association
- Dallas Bar Association
Michael Caolo Jr. was educated at the University of Notre Dame with a major in Political Science and a minor in Soviet Foreign Relations. He received his Bachelor of Arts and Letters Degree. Michael Caolo Jr. was on the Dean’s Academic List and was a member of the Pi Sigma Alpha Political Science Honor Society, the Texas Club and was active in student government. After being awarded an academic scholarship and attending the University of Notre Dame Law School for one year, he transferred to the University of Texas School of Law in Austin and received his Doctorate of Jurisprudence Degree. Michael Caolo Jr. served as the Chief Clerk for the Criminal Jurisprudence Committee in the Texas State House of Representatives for one year. Additionally, Michael Caolo Jr. served on the staff of the Texas Law Forum and was the founder of the Minority Recruitment Committee for the University of Texas Law School.
Michael Caolo Jr. joined the Dallas law firm of Akin, Gump, Strauss, Hauer and Feld as an associate in the Corporate Section working on business law, partnerships, transactions, securities filings and reportings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, mergers and acquisitions, corporate restructuring, private placements, bank credit facilities and commercial loans, corporate governance, contracts and agreements, and other related business matters.
In 1980, Michael Caolo Jr. formed his own law firm, Michael Caolo & Associates, and concentrated in Small Business Law representing start-up companies, transaction-oriented entrepreneurs and emerging growth businesses where he provided corporate counsel and business advice to the principals and their businesses. Serving as the Managing Partner during the following fourteen years, Michael Caolo Jr. grew his firm, Caolo, Bell & Nunnally, to approximately 35 attorneys and 75 employees by 1995, whereupon he withdrew from his firm to concentrate on representing small business entrepreneurs and to manage his own personal investments.
- In 1982, Michael Caolo Jr. was a co-founder and served as a director and as general counsel of SnyderGeneral Corporation, a major manufacturer of air conditioning, heating and ventilation equipment with sales over $900 million, 35 manufacturing facilities and 8000 employees worldwide. While working with SnyderGeneral, Michael Caolo Jr. was actively involved in all mergers and acquisitions as well as major financings.
- Michael Caolo Jr. was a co-founder and served as a director and as general counsel of Eddie Haggar LTD., Inc. a Dallas-based women’s apparel manufacturing company.
- Michael Caolo Jr., was a co-founder and served as a director and general counsel of Emerald Petroleum Corporation, independent oil and gas exploration company.
- Michael Caolo Jr., in 1994, was a co-founder, director, and general counsel of American CareSource Corporation, a national ancillary service provider network providing care coordination, case management and healthcare management and administration. American CareSource was sold in 2003 and is now a publicly traded company and was the top stock performing company in North Texas in 2008.
- Michael Caolo Jr., in 1994, was a co-founder and director of Millbrook Corporation, a Dallas company with the nation’s leading Microsoft Solution physician office practice management software in the healthcare industry. Millbrook had been a Microsoft award winning company for the previous three years when it was acquired by General Electric Health Services Division in 2005.
- Michael Caolo Jr. was one of the founding partners of The Riviera, Dallas’ premiere fine dining restaurant in the 1990’s as well as the founding partner of Mediterraneo and Toscana, award winning fine dining restaurants in Dallas.
- Michael Caolo Jr. is the principal of American Preferred Provider Organization, an Arkansas regional managed healthcare network with discount provider contracts with over 300 hospitals and 12,000 physicians. Additionally, Michael is the principal with American National Ancillary Network, a national healthcare network having discount contracts for over 25,000 ancillary service sites throughout the United States.
- Michael Caolo Jr. is a principal owner of Artemis Sun Institutional Solar, Inc. and Michelle Home Health, Inc., both being located in Dallas, Texas.
- University of Notre Dame Bachelor of Arts Degree
- Political Science Major with a minor in Soviet Foreign Relations
- National Political Science Honor Society/and Dean’s List
- University of Notre Dame Law School Dean’s Scholarship Award
- University of Texas School of Law Doctorate of Jurisprudence Degree
- Texas Law Forum Staff
- Licensed member of the State Bar of Texas
- Admitted to practice in the United States District Court for the Northern District of Texas
- Admitted to practice in the United States Supreme Court
- “AV” Rating in the Martindale-Hubbell Law Directory signifying “the highest level of legal ability and very high adherence to the professional standards of conduct, ethics, reliability and diligence”
- Member of the Bar Register of Preeminent Lawyers by Martindale-Hubbell as being “recognized for high professional standards and ethics”
Born: Wakefield, Rhode Island
Michael Caolo & Associates
391 East Las Colinas Blvd. #130
Irving, Texas 75039
Michael Caolo & Associates was founded in 1980. Michael Caolo & Associates is located in Dallas County Texas.
Business and corporate law, private placement memorandums, start-ups, joint ventures, contracts, tax and estate planning and civil litigation
Press Releases and Achievements
You need a great guide to get to the top of the mountain!
April 8, 2017 — Great experience, great skills and great effectiveness are the hallmarks of Michael Caolo Jr.'s legal services to business owners and entrepreneurs. In Texas they like to say, "One Riot, One Ranger"...That is Michael Caolo Jr.