Merisa K. Bowers
Attorney Merisa Bowers is Member of Merisa K. Bowers Attorney at Law LLC, a law firm in COLUMBUS, OH. As a lawyer in COLUMBUS, Ohio, attorney Bowers serves Franklin County, as well as clients throughout Ohio.
Areas of Practice
- Child Custody
- Child Support
- Criminal Defense
- Drug Crimes
- Family Law
Admitted to Practice Law
- State of Ohio
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Ohio
|:||University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, Ohio|
|Law School||:||Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, Ohio|
- Memberships/Volunteer Programs
- Ohio Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Columbus Bar Association (LGBT, Solo/Small Firm, and Family Law Committees)
- Central Ohio Criminal Defense Lawyers Association
- Women Lawyers of Franklin County
- Ohio State Bar Association
- Equality Ohio
Merisa is a University of Cincinnati graduate and a cum laude graduate of Case Western Reserve University School of Law in Cleveland, Ohio. She works to promote her family's long-standing value that everyone, regardless of class, gender, income, race, or age, deserves competent and compassionate legal representation. Realizing Ohioans' need for aggressive yet affordable representation, Merisa established her law practice in January 2010.
Merisa has experience with Ohio's foremost criminal justice and civil rights advocates. Her prior experience includes working as an administrative assistant at Dinsmore & Shohl, LLP in Cincinnati, a Federal Judicial Externship with the Honorable Sara Lioi in the Northern District of Ohio, and working as the litigation law clerk at Friedman & Gilbert in Cleveland, Ohio. She continues to have strong professional relationships with some of Ohio's premiere litigators.
Both Merisa and Of-Counsel Olivia K. Smith strive to combat the perception that lawyers are inaccessible and unsympathetic. In both family law and criminal defense legal matters, Merisa and Olivia insist on treating each client, party, and opposing counsel with courtesy, respect, and promptness.
- Case Western Reserve University, cum laude (Cleveland, Ohio)
- University of Cincinnati, Departmental Honors, International Human Rights Certificate (Cincinnati, Ohio)
- North Canton Hoover High School, with Honors (North Canton, Ohio)
- CALI Award, American Legal Profession
- Student Leadership Award (Peer Award), CWRU School of Law
- Legal Writing and Research Fellow
- OSBA 2012 Bar College Member
Born: Canton, Ohio
Merisa K. Bowers Attorney at Law LLC
400 S 5th St. Ste 101
COLUMBUS, Ohio 43215
Merisa K. Bowers Attorney at Law LLC was founded in 2010. Merisa K. Bowers Attorney at Law LLC is located in Franklin County Ohio.
Criminal Defense, Family & Domestic Relations Law