Laurel A. Salley
Attorney Laurel Salley is a Partner of Salley & Salley, a law firm in Metairie, LA. As a lawyer in Metairie, Louisiana, attorney Salley serves Jefferson County, as well as clients throughout Louisiana.
Areas of Practice
- Family Law
Admitted to Practice Law
|:||Louisiana State University, Baton Rouge, Louisiana|
|Law School||:||Tulane Law School, New Orleans, Louisiana|
- Louisiana State Bar Association, Family Law Section, 1998 - Present
- Jefferson Bar Association, 1998 - Present
- Jefferson Bar Association, Young Lawyers Section, Secretary, 2001 - 2002
- Jefferson Bar Association, Young Lawyers Section, Chair Elect, 2002 - 2003
- Jefferson Bar Association, Young Lawyers Section, Chairman, 2003 - 2004
- National Register's Who's Who in Executives and Professionals, 2005 - 2006
- Lakeside Kiwanis Club, Board of Directors, 1997 - 2001
- Lakeside Kiwanis Club, Vice President, 1997 - 1998
- Lakeside Kiwanis Club, Member, 1997 - Present
Laurel Salley was born and raised in the New Orleans area. She attended St. Martin's Episcopal School, the University of Miami, Louisiana State University and Tulane Law School.
While at St. Martin's, Laurel was very involved in the Key Club, a community service organization for high school students. During her years at LSU, she was involved with many campus organizations, including Kappa Alpha Theta sorority. After graduation from LSU, Laurel joined the Lakeside Kiwanis Club, the same community service organization that sponsored her high school's Key Club. She is a member of the Lakeside Kiwanis Club to this day.
While attending Tulane Law School, Laurel worked as a research assistant for A.N. Yiannopoulos, Eason-Weinmann Professor of Comparative Law and Editor of the Louisiana Civil Code. She also studied abroad for two summers, where she took courses taught by United States Supreme Court Justices, as well as Louisiana Supreme Court Judges, Appellate Court Judges and other renowned legal authorities.
Upon her graduation from law school, Laurel decided to join her mother in practice, forming the partnership of Salley & Salley, LLC. After practicing family law with her mother for five years, Laurel was certified as a Family Law Specialists by the Louisiana Board of Legal Specialization.
Laurel is an active member of the community. She lives in Metairie, with her husband, two children, and dog, Apache.
Salley & Salley
3445 N. Causeway Blvd.
Metairie, Louisiana 70002
Salley & Salley was founded in 1998. Salley & Salley is located in Jefferson County Louisiana.