Kimberly L Beck
Attorney Kimberly Beck is an Associate of Ulmer & Berne, a law firm in Cincinnati, OH. As a lawyer in Cincinnati, Ohio, attorney Beck serves Hamilton County, as well as clients throughout Ohio.
Areas of Practice
- Personal Injury
Admitted to Practice Law
- Ohio 2006;
- Kentucky 2007
- Indiana 2007
- Sixth Circuit Court of Appeals
- United States Supreme Court
- United States District Court, Southern District of Ohio
- United States District Court, Northern District of Ohio
- United States District Court, Eastern District of Kentucky
- United States District Court, Western District of Kentucky
- United States District Court, Southern District of Indiana
- United States District Court, Northern District of Indiana
|:||University of Cincinnati, BA, Business Economics,/Political Science, with honors, 2002|
|Law School||:||University of Dayton School of Law, JD, summa cum laude, 2006|
- Defense Research Institute (Drug and Medical Device Steering Committee, 2014-present; Vice-Chair of Publications (Newsletters) for the Drug and Device Committee, 2014-present; Young Lawyers Steering Committee, 2012-present; Chair of The Whisper 2013-2014; Second Vice-Chair of Seminar Planning 2014-present)
- American Bar Association
- Federal Bar Association
- Ohio Bar Association
- Kentucky Bar Association
- Cincinnati Bar Association (Membership Committee 2010-2011)
Kimberly is an attorney in Ulmer & Berne's Product Liability and Pharmaceutical, Medical Device and Mass Tort practice groups. In the last several years, her practice has involved the defense of both generic and branded pharmaceutical companies in isolated cases, consolidated state court litigation and multi-district litigation.
Prior to joining Ulmer & Berne in 2010, Kim had a general litigation practice with an emphasis on products liability defense. She gained valuable perspective, working smaller cases up "from the cradle to the grave," while gaining experience with product liability cases - particularly cases involving medical devices and pharmaceuticals.
Since joining Ulmer, she has had the opportunity to represent large generic and branded pharmaceutical companies, although she has recently focused predominantly on work for branded companies. Kim has worked on teams that have had notable success and has personally had significant wins in major pharmaceutical cases, including success with motions to dismiss based on preemption and motions based on "Lone Pine" orders.
She has also convinced opposing counsel to dismiss based on arguments involving judicial estoppel, statutes of limitation, preemption, and lack of evidence of causation.
Kim realizes that discovery is frequently the most expensive part of litigation. She has studied and implemented strategies to reduce discovery costs significantly.
Ulmer & Berne
600 Vine Street, Suite 2800
Cincinnati, Ohio 45202
Since its founding, Ulmer & Berne has grown to a size of 100+ attorneys. Ulmer & Berne is located in Hamilton County Ohio.