Attorney Kathleen Donelli is a Member of McCarthy Fingar LLP, a law firm in White Plains, NY. As a lawyer in White Plains, New York, attorney Donelli serves Westchester County, as well as clients throughout New York.
Areas of Practice
- Commercial Litigation
Admitted to Practice Law
- 1985, Connecticut; 1986, New York; 1987, US District Court, Southern District of New York; 1989, US District Court, District of Connecticut; 1993, US Court of Appeals, Second Circuit
|:||Boston University; City College of the City University of New York, BA, 1975; Manhattanville College, MAT, 1982|
|Law School||:||Pace Law School, JD, cum laude, 1985|
- Adjunct Professor of Law, Pace University School of Law
- Listed as New York Super Lawyer in the areas of Family Law/Collaborative/Appellate.
- Member, Grievance Committee, Ninth Judicial District
- Member, Board of Directors, Legal Services of the Hudson Valley
- Co-Chair, Matrimonial Committee, Westchester Women's Bar Association
- Director, Women's Bar Association of the State of New York
- Recipient, "Leading Matrimonial Attorney" Above The Bar Award (2010)
- Recipient, Alumni Leadership Award, Pace University School of Law (2005)
- Past President, Westchester Women's Bar Association (2003-2005)
- Past President, White Plains Bar Association (1998-2000)
- Former Director, The Westchester County Association, Inc.
- Past Vice President, YWCA of White Plains and Central Westchester
- Fellow, The American Bar Foundation
- Past President, Saint Bernard's Center For Learning, Inc.
- Vice Chair, Board of Visitors, Pace University School of Law
- Articles Editor, Pace Law Review (1984-85)
- Member, Association of Collaborative Lawyers of Rockland/Westchester
- Member, International Academy of Collaborative Professionals
- Member, Hall of Fame, YWCA of White Plains and Central Westchester
Kathleen Donelli concentrates her practice in the areas of Appellate Practice, Business Litigation, Collaborative Law and Matrimonial & Family Law. In 1996, Kathleen won a landmark New York State Court of Appeals custody decision in Tropea v. Tropea, 87 N.Y.2d 727, 665 N.E.2d 145, 642 N.Y.S.2d 575 (1996). Tropea established that courts should determine if a custodial parent should be permitted to relocate with a child based on the "best interest" of the child. Kathleen frequently lectures on a variety of matrimonial and family law issues. Kathleen is also a founding member of the Association of Collaborative Lawyers of Rockland/Westchester, dedicated to resolving matrimonial and custody disputes without court intervention.
Kathleen is a Past President of the Westchester Women's Bar Association and the White Plains Bar Association. She is the Co-Chair of the Westchester Women's Bar Association's Matrimonial Committee. She is also a Member of the Grievance Committee for the Ninth Judicial District. Kathleen has also been recognized as a New York Super Lawyer in the areas of Family Law/Collaborative/Appellate.
Born: New York, N.Y., September 4, 1951
McCarthy Fingar LLP
11 Martine Ave Fl 12
White Plains, New York 10606
Since its founding, McCarthy Fingar LLP has grown to a size of 25 attorneys. McCarthy Fingar LLP is located in Westchester County New York.
General Civil Trial Practice in all State and Federal Courts. Bankruptcy, Charitable Gift Planning, Commercial Finance, Corporate, E-Business and General Business, Environmental Law, Exempt Organizations, Land Use and Zoning, Liltigation,...