Admiralty Maritime:

What To Do If You Are Injured At Sea

If you have been injured at sea, ensure you have received appropriate medical attention. If possible, personally select the doctor you wish to see, not the physician assigned by your employer. Consulting an objective medical professional may be in your best interest.

Also, take notes about your injury and speak to witness to the incident. Retain copies of the accident report and any other communication you had with your employer regarding the incident. Lastly, consult a maritime lawyer.