Nursing Home Abuse:
Approximately 50% of nursing home residents 65 or older fall every year, and nearly 1800 die because of their fall. A nursing home resident may fall because of weakness and gait problems. However, many fall due to nursing home negligence.
Falls in nursing homes can be caused by:
- Poor lighting
- Wet floors
- Improperly fitted wheelchairs
- Lack of bedrails and improper bed height
- Difficulty in moving patients
- Weakness caused by malnutrition and dehydration of elders
- Failure to answer call buttons
- Failure to train staff members in lifting and handling techniques
- Failure to supervise residents
If your loved one has been injured as a result of a fall in a nursing home, be sure that the medical bills and pain and suffering are not someone else's responsibility. Contact an experienced nursing home injury attorney to investigate your claim and protect your loved one's nursing home rights.