Gilbert B Laden
Attorney Gilbert Laden is Member of Gilbert B. Laden, P.C., a law firm in Mobile, AL. As a lawyer in Mobile, Alabama, attorney Laden serves Mobile County, as well as clients throughout Alabama.
Areas of Practice
- Social Security Disability
Admitted to Practice Law
- Alabama, Florida
|Law School||:||Mercer University|
- Gil is a leader in his community. He is currently board president of Mobile Arc, which serves individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities. He has served as president of four other boards: the Mobile Preschool for the Sensory Impaired, the Springhill Avenue Temple, the Dumas Wesley Community Center, and the Volunteer Lawyers Program. He has served on numerous other boards and organizations.
- He has received numerous awards including:
- G. Marie Daniels Leadership Award, Mobile Bar Association (2007)
- Pro Bono Award, Alabama State Bar (2007)
- Volunteer Lawyer of the Year, Mobile Bar Association (2006)
- Service to Mankind Award, Azalea City Sertoma Club (1990)
- J.C. Penney Golden Rule Award / Certificate of Appreciation (1990)
- M.O. Beale Scroll of Merit (1989)
- Mobile Arc President's Award (2012)
Gil Laden has been a practicing Social Security Disability Attorney in Florida and Alabama for over 35 years – helping thousands of disabled individuals in that time. He has been certified as a specialist in Social Security Disability Law by the National Board of Social Security Disability Advocacy, as recognized by the Alabama State Bar.*
Gil is a board member of the National Organization of Social Security Claimants' Representatives (NOSSCR). He has been selected for inclusion in Alabama Super Lawyers® Edition 2012 – a publication that recognizes about 5 percent of lawyers statewide. He has spoken at numerous seminars on the national and local levels in the area of Social Security Disability Law.
He chaired the Disabilities Law Section of the Alabama State Bar and was the first chair of the Social Security Section of the Mobile Bar Association.
A native of Mobile, Gil attended Emory University (B.A. Chemistry) and graduated from the Walter F. George School of Law at Mercer University (J.D.). He served indigent clients as a staff attorney with Georgia Legal Services from 1977 to 1979. It was there where he first recognized the need for adequate representation of clients in their Social Security Disability claims.
Gilbert B. Laden, P.C.
273 Azalea Road
Mobile, Alabama 36609
Gilbert B. Laden, P.C. was founded in 1980. Gilbert B. Laden, P.C. is located in Mobile County Alabama.
Social Security Disability