child support modification, risking decisionmaking

   previous   |   next →  
bluedaffodils 01-10-2016 @ 4:07 PM                          
Joined: Jan 2016
Colorado -Adams County

Parties negotiated a settlement: Mother was allowed to relocate overseas with the kids. Father would be incurring overseas travel costs, which would offset the child support, therefor court allowed deviation from Worksheet A.

Mother did not leave the USA, and continues to reside here with the 3 kids. Mother has been solely responsible for ALL child related costs, including uninsured health costs such as ER and hospital bills, meds, uniforms, activities, etc.
Father sees kids sporadically, not following any set schedule.

Mother has filed for modification of child support, almost a year after original decree. Motion based on the fact that there is no grounds for a deviation, as Father does not have to incur international travel costs to see kids. Mother has also requested modified support order to be made retroactive.

1. If Father asked for joint decision-making now, would court grant this? He has not been part of any decision making, and does not participate in any school related activities etc.
2. What are the chances court will grant motion to modify, and the request for retro?

RobertSmith 05-11-2017 @ 6:11 AM                          
Joined: Aug 2016
Have you consulted a lawyer over this matter? They are the ones who will provide you the correct solution. In any complex legal problem it is good to have a lawyer. Apart from dispensing information, lawyers offer the much needed advice and apply their skills to all legal problems. There are many online services like that connect with local lawyers on different locations and depending on the type of legal case that one might have. All that is needed of the person looking for a lawyer is to answer a few questions about the case and then give his/her contact information. After that is done, the right lawyers for the case contact the customers directly.

Please fill out the form below
and receive a free case evaluation
at no cost or obligation.