Using dark web a crime?

previous   |   next →  
Alvino 02-21-2017 @ 6:51 AM                          
I learned to access the dark web from a colleague. He said it's very safe and no one can track us using it. I used it to download a couple files as well, nothing serious, just a few music videos. Then I heard from someone else that using the dark web can be considered as a criminal offence and it's a medium drug and weapon traffickers use to communicate. I am a little worried now. I searched online and read this article about it: http://www.torontodefencelawyers.com/blog/general-category/crime-use-deep-web-dark-web/ . Although it says searching the dark web isn't a crime, the detailed description in it confuses me. Have I done something seriously wrong? How can I ensure I am safe?  

eyoungquistlaw@ 03-09-2017 @ 11:05 AM                          

Hopefully the latest national and international release of cyber capabilities into the highest levels of our nations intelligence community may answer your question straight away. In case you do not follow current topics on the technology devices used by the government to compile information and "analyze" that information let me suggest to you that ALL communications on the "dark web" are recoverable AND reviewed. Your colleague may not have informed you of this and PLEASE comport your behavior and correspondence in accordance with my suggestion. Thanks.

***This post is from a Lawyer Central Verified Attorney***
RobertSmith 04-12-2017 @ 1:02 AM                          
Alvino, Thank you for sharing this.

Please fill out the form below
and receive a free case evaluation
at no cost or obligation.