Legal Recourse Against Attorney??

   previous   |   next →  
David.S 10-03-2008 @ 12:00 PM                          
Joined: Oct 2008
I am in the midst of a very vicious international divorce/child custody battle and due to an incompetent attorney, I may wind up not being able to see my children again, as they are living with their mother outside of the USA.

After terminating my attorney, I decided to represent myself, as I have exhausted all of money and cannot afford another lawyer.  As such, I decided that I needed to get a copy of all my court records and review everything.  As I was making copies, I found out that my attorney had not filed any of the mountains of emails, phone logs, journal and other relevant records that I had given her.  As a result, the judge has drug the case out for 16 months.  Unless I can pull a rabbit out of my hat, I will have lost everything including the ability to be in my children's lives.

My question is, since my attorney did not file the info that I provided her for the courts and even chose to disregard my requests to supeona a witness that could changed the outcome, is there any action that can be taken against her?  After all, she may have distroyed my case through her inactions after recieving thousands of dollars from me.

Iamanidiot 10-07-2008 @ 6:47 AM                          
Joined: Apr 2007
That's brutal. I am really sorry to hear that. I found this link which explains legal malpractice, which is pretty much what you're talking about. If you google the term there are tons of links that might be helpful. Here's the first one that I saw: [url=]Legal Malpractice Information[/url]

Please fill out the form below
and receive a free case evaluation
at no cost or obligation.