Need an advise

   previous   |   next →  
Onlygurl85 04-02-2013 @ 11:50 PM                          
Joined: Apr 2013
My divorce got finalized in august. We share joint physical/legal custody of our two year old. We did go through court to get our parenting plan and divorce agreement, on the divorce decree we agreed that mothers can relocate within 48 states, with written notice. I did moved to different state for a job opportunity, and i followed the court order and sent him a written letter. However, he moved to another state without giving me written notice and is now living with his gf, even though we have no over night guest when child is visiting, i havent filed a claim yet. He hasn't paid child support since divorce was finalized, and i know that child support and visitation rights isn't exactly the same. He wants to keep her few weeks, and my daughter has never been out with anyone including his father that long without me. My daughter has a bit of health condition that needs to be watch out for, and i was wondering is there anyway i can let the visitation gradually happen, for example, maybe start with few days then gradually expands to wherever length over time? Also, how does my ex living with gf affect with his visitation rights?

ILoveMyFarm 05-14-2013 @ 4:15 PM                          
Joined: Mar 2008
The person who would best be able to answer all of your questions and concerns is a lawyer in your area. Your state might have laws that specifically apply to your situation. From what you've said, it appears you ex has repeated violated the terms of the parenting plan. If you go to a lawyer and take this to court, it could affect his visitation rights. Either way, it's best to talk to a lawyer before taking anything into your own hands.

I did some research for you and found this link. It talks about how living with an unmarried partner can affect child custody from previous marriages. I hope you find it helpful.

jamesvigil 07-19-2017 @ 8:04 AM                          
Joined: Mar 2017
Take advice of attorney in your area before making any decision. Your husband can not live with another woman because divorce is yet to take place. You can file case against him. You can also demand money for child support as well.

Please fill out the form below
and receive a free case evaluation
at no cost or obligation.