Special Issues

Courts have the power to appoint a guardian for an individual in need of special protection. A guardian with responsibility for both the personal well-being as well as the financial interests of the ward or child is a general guardian. A person may also be appointed as a special guardian, having limited powers over the interests of the child. A special guardian may be given the legal right to determine the management of the ward's property without being given any authority over the ward's person. A guardian who is appointed to represent the interests of a person with respect to a single action in litigation is a guardian ad litem.

Do you think you might have a Divorce case?
Contact our experienced Divorce lawyers right now.

Please fill out the form below
and receive a free case evaluation
at no cost or obligation.