Several actions can be taken to prevent workplace discrimination, including but not limited to the following:
- Distribute a discrimination policy outlining when disciplinary action or termination is warranted
- Conduct discrimination policy training to all employees
- Teach employees about cultural distinctions, including religious or ethnic holidays and traditions
- Encourage workers to tell managers about discrimination against themselves or other employees
- Take quick action when discrimination is reported
Although employers can strive to prevent workplace discrimination, instances of job discrimination can still occur. If you have experienced discrimination at your job, a workplace discrimination attorney can examine your case and evaluate your options. To find out if your case is valid, fill out our free case review form.