- Find a Lawyer
- New York Lawyer Directory
- White Plains, NY Lawyer Directory
- William Sloan Greenawalt
William Sloan Greenawalt
Attorney William Greenawalt is a Of Counsel of McCarthy Fingar LLP, a law firm in White Plains, NY. As a lawyer in White Plains, New York, attorney Greenawalt serves Westchester County, as well as clients throughout New York.
Areas of Practice
- Appellate Practice
- Arbitration and Mediation
- Brain Injury
- Commercial Litigation
- Defective / Dangerous Products
- Environmental Law
- Personal Injury
- Zoning and Land Use
Admitted to Practice Law
- 1962, New York, US District Court, Southern and Eastern Districts of New York and US Court of Appeals, Second Circuit; 1966, US Supreme Court
|:||Cornell University, AB, 1956|
|Law School||:||Yale University, LLB, 1961|
- The Association of the Bar of the City of New York (Member: Civil Rights Committee, 1970-1975; Lawyer Referral Committee, 1980-1983); New York State (Chairman: Committee on Availability of Legal Services, 1968-1970; Action Unit #3 on Extending Legal Services, 1979-1981; Special Committee on Alternatives to Court Resolution of Disputes, 1981-1984; Member: Specialization Committee, 1968-1970; Revisions of Canons of Ethics Committee, 1969-1970) and American Bar Associations
Phi Alpha Delta. Editor, Yale Law Journal, 1959-1961. Director, Legal Services Program, Northeast Region Legal Services, U.S. Office of Economic Opportunity, 1965-1968. Chairman, Board of Directors, Applied Resources, Inc., 1968-1970. Chairman, Community Aid Employment of Ex-Offenders, Westchester, New York, 1971. Member: Governor's Task Force on Elementary and Secondary Education, 1974-1975; Presidential Task Force on Criminal Justice, 1976; Adv. Coun. New York State Senate Dems., 1978—; New York State Council on Parks, Recreation and Historic Preservation, 1988-1994. Chair, Taconic State Parks, Recreation and Historic Preservation Commission, 1989-1997. Member, Westchester Parks, Recreation and Conservation Board, 1998—. Fellow, New York Bar Foundation.
Born: Brooklyn, New York, March 4, 1934
Military Service: Lt. Comdr., U.S. Navy, 1956-1958 and Reserves
McCarthy Fingar LLP
Since its founding, McCarthy Fingar LLP has grown to a size of 25 attorneys. McCarthy Fingar LLP is located in Westchester County New York.
General Civil Trial Practice in all State and Federal Courts. Bankruptcy, Charitable Gift Planning, Commercial Finance, Corporate, E-Business and General Business, Environmental Law, Exempt Organizations, Land Use and Zoning, Liltigation,...