Toxic Chemical:

Toxic Mold

Mold is a kind of fungus that feeds on moisture; it grows in damp areas or where there is decaying matter.  Mold is commonly known as mildew; and by itself, is not toxic.  If the mold starts to produce toxins, it can become poisonous.

Mold releases mycotoxins, poisonous spores, into the air.  These spores are inhaled, absorbed through the skin and into clothing.  Different types of mold release different mycotoxins, some of which only have a mild effect on one’s health, and others that can be seriously damaging.  

Toxic mold is often responsible for breathing difficulties, memory and hearing loss, dizziness, flu-like symptoms, and acid reflux.  Exposure to molds that have the potential to release more dangerous toxins like Stachybotrys (which grows in chronically wet places like a leaky ceiling or near plumbing), or Chaetomium (commonly found on deteriorating wood) can be extremely painful.  Some of these illnesses include chronic bronchitis, learning disabilities, mental decencies, heart problems, cancer, multiple sclerosis, chronic fatigue, lupus, fibromyalgia, rheumatoid arthritis, multiple chemical sensitivity, and bleeding lungs, among others. 

Do you think you might have a Toxic Chemical case?
Contact our experienced Toxic Chemical lawyers right now.

Please fill out the form below
and receive a free case evaluation
at no cost or obligation.
3677

Toxic Chemical: Answers and Information