Steven R Guy
Attorney Steven Guy is a Member of The Norman Law Firm, a law firm in Jacksonville, TX. As a lawyer in Jacksonville, Texas, attorney Guy serves Cherokee County, as well as clients throughout Texas.
Areas of Practice
- Criminal Defense
- Family Law
- Health Care
- Medical Malpractice
- Nursing Home Abuse
- Oil and Gas
- Wills and Living Wills
Admitted to Practice Law
- Texas and US District Court, Eastern and Southern Districts of Texas; US Court of Appeals, Fifth Circuit and US Supreme Court
|:||Kilgore College, AA, 1977; Baylor University, BA, 1979;|
|Law School||:||Baylor University, JD, 1981|
- Fellow in College of the State Bar of Texas;
- Cherokee County Bar Association (President, 1984-1985);
- State Bar of Texas (Member 1981-), Committees on Assistance to Local Bar Associations, 1990-1992; Law Office Management, 1993-1996; CLE Committee 2000—2003);
- Texas Association of Defense Counsel;
- Defense Research Institute; &
- Electric Cooperative Bar Association
- Phi Alpha Delta.
- Author and Speaker: "Contribution, Indemnity and Settlements," Voluntary Speciality Review Certification Seminar, Dallas, October, 1993; "The Attorney Employment Contract (Contingencies, Hourly Rates, Flat Fees, Engagement Letters) and How to Get Paid and Not Get into Trouble," State Bar of Texas Legal Asst. Division, Productive Law Practice Management Seminar, Dallas, April, 1995;
- Rusk City Attorney, 1981-1996.
- City Attorney for Alto, Jacksonville, New Summerfield, Poynor, & Reklaw (Current)
- (Board Certified, Personal Injury Law Specialist & Civil Trial Law Specialist -Texas Board of Legal Specialization)
- (Certified, Civil Trial Advocate - National Board of Trial Advocacy)
- (Resident , Jacksonville Office)
Born: Henderson, Texas
The Norman Law Firm
The Norman Law Firm was founded in 1898. The Norman Law Firm is located in Cherokee County Texas.
Civil and Criminal Practice in State/Federal Courts: ADR; Appellate; Banking; Business; Commercial; Construction; Contracts; Corporate; Criminal; Elder Law; Family Law; Felonies; Finance; Health Care; Insurance; Labor and Employment;...