Stacie L Patterson
Areas of Practice
- Criminal Defense
- Drug Crimes
- Nursing Home Abuse
- Sexual Harassment
- White Collar Crime
Admitted to Practice Law
- 1992, California; 2006, US District Court, Central and Southern Districts of California; 2008, US Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
|:||University of Chicago, BA, 1988|
|Law School||:||Yale University Law School, JD, 1991|
- Better Business Bureau, Earl B. Gilliam Bar Association, Board of Directors, Lawyers Club of San Diego, Advisory Council Member, Salvation Army, Ray and Joan Kroc Community Center
Summary of Qualifications
Over fifteen years of civil and criminal trial experience with diverse law firms. Recognized for ability to manage relationships and effectively communicate with individuals from diverse backgrounds with divergent needs.
Law Office of Stacie L. Patterson, San Diego June 2008 - Present
Solo practitioner focusing on criminal defense and professional licensing defense.
Coughlan, Semmer & Lipman, San Diego Jan. 2005 - June 2008
Trial attorney with small litigation firm focusing on professional liability defense and white collar criminal defense.
- Represent professionals in complex civil and criminal litigation in state and federal courts.
- Won Motion for Nonsuit at conclusion of Plaintiff's Opening Statement in legal malpractice trial.
- Defended individual in six week federal criminal trial regarding violations of the Clean Air Act.
San Diego Public Defenders Office, San Diego Sept. 1994 - Jan. 2005
Deputy Public Defender with law firm tasked with mission of defending indigents charged with, and convicted of, committing felonies and misdemeanors.
- Represented indigent criminal defendants charged with all levels of felonies and misdemeanors, including quasi-civil proceedings arising from California's Sexually Violent Predator laws.
- Wrote and argued numerous motions and briefs.
- Conducted over fifty jury trials.
- Supervised interns.
Heller, Ehrman, White & McAuliffe, San Francisco Sept. 1992 - Sept. 1994
Litigation Associate with large civil law firm.
- Represented clients in large multiple party civil cases.
- Performed legal research and drafted legal memoranda and motions.
- Prepared discovery in complex civil litigation.
U.S. District Court, Southern District Of California, San Diego Sept. 1991 - Sept. 1992
Law Clerk to Honorable Rudi Brewster
Performed legal research regarding civil and criminal matters pending before the Court.
- Yale Law School, J.D., 1991, New Haven, Connecticut
- University of Chicago, B.A., 1988, Chicago, Illinois
- State Bar of California, 1992
- United States District Court, Southern District of California
- United States District Court, Central District of California
- United States District Court of Appeal, Ninth Circuit
- Member, Earl B. Gilliam Bar Association
- Board of Directors, Lawyers Club of San Diego
- Advisory Council, Ray and Joan Kroc Community Center
- Faculty, National Institute for Trial Advocacy, Louisville, Colorado, July 2008
Law Office of Stacie L Patterson
Law Office of Stacie L Patterson was founded in 2008. Law Office of Stacie L Patterson is located in San Diego County California.
Criminal Law, Domestic Violence, White Collar Crime, Felonies, Expungements, Sex Crimes, Assault, Insurance Fraud, Gang Violence, Sexually Violent Predator, Federal Criminal Law and Child Pornography.