Juan Roberto Gonzalez
Areas of Practice
- Business Law
- Construction / Development
- Family Law
- Real Estate
- Trusts and Estates
- Wills and Living Wills
Admitted to Practice Law
|Law School||:||Catholic University, Columbus School of Law|
- America Immigration Lawyers Association
- San Antonio Bar Assocaition
- San Antonio Young Lawyers Association
Mr. Gonzalez is the principal and owner of Juan R. Gonzalez, PLLC establish in May 2009. Mr. Gonzalez's founded this General Practice law firm with his philosophy of quality legal services of exceptional value with an unlimited opportunity for personal contact, unmatched customer service, and accountability. Mr. Gonzalez has experience in all matters of Immigration and Nationality Law, specifically Deportation Defense, Real Estate Law, Development Law, Construction Defense, Civil Litigation, Estate Planning, Business Formation, Wills and Probate. Mr. Gonzalez strives to ensure the best results for his clients in all matters.
Mr. Gonzalez joined the law firm of Villalobos & Vaughan, P.L.L.C. as an Associate. Mr. Gonzalez primary areas of practice were real estate and development law. Mr. Gonzalez was the Economic Development legal expert for the firm and advises developers and municipalities on Economic Development matters. Mr. Gonzalez opened and managed the firm's San Antonio office. Mr. Gonzalez handled the firm's employment immigration and family based immigration cases.
Mr. Gonzalez served as a Law Clerk for the law firm of Earl & Associates, P.C. in San Antonio. Mr. Gonzalez created and oversaw the creation of over seven Tax Increment Reinvestment Zones in the San Antonio and Rio Grande Valley. Mr. Gonzalez was the Economic Development expert for the firm and advised developers and municipalities on economic development matters. Mr. Gonzalez also served as the firm's lobbyist in Austin.
Prior to moving into the private sector, Mr. Gonzalez served as the Economic Development Director for the City of Del Rio from 2004 until 2006. While representing the City of Del Rio, he developed the City's economic development business incentive package, created two Tax Increment Reinvestment Zones, and attracted a number of new retail and industrial firms to Del Rio.
Prior to his service with the City of Del Rio, Mr. Gonzalez served as a private consultant for Jose Gonzalez, President and CEO of Latino Health Care in Long Beach, California, primarily in the areas of land development, state and local lobbying and business development. Mr. Gonzalez also served as the Legislative Manager for the Greater Los Angeles Chamber of Commerce, in charge of international relations, economic development, and state lobbying efforts on behalf of the Chamber membership. Mr. Gonzalez was a legal assistant for the Chair of the United States International Trade Commission in Washington, D.C. Mr. Gonzalez also headed the economic development efforts of the Cen-Tex Hispanic Chamber of Commerce in Waco, Texas.
Mr. Gonzalez's achievements include:
- Successfully defending construction companies from DTPA and defect law suit in Eagle Pass, Texas
- Receiving a 1.7 million dollar judgment on a breach of lease suit in Eagle Pass, Texas
- Negotiating the creation of two Tax Increment Reinvestment Zone in the City of Donna, Texas
- Negotiating the creation of a Public Improvement District in Bexar, County.
- Managing seven Tax Increment Reinvestment Zones in the City of San Antonio, Texas
- Negotiating the creation of two Tax Increment Reinvestment Zones in the City of Del Rio, Texas
- Negotiating a Chapter 380 Incentive package for Home Depot with the City of Del Rio, Texas
- Spearheading the creation of the economic development department for the City of Del Rio, growing the department from one individual to two full time economic development specialists, a director, and an assistant.
- Overseeing the opening of three community health clinics in the Southern California Region focused on the health care needs of the Latino community.
- Formulating the plans for a small business incubator for Latino businesses in the City of Waco.
- 40% Immigration & Nationality Law - Deportation Defense
- 10% Immigration & Nationality Law - Family Based Immigration
- 5% Immigration & Nationality Law - Employer Based Immigration
- 5% Immigration & Nationality Law - Naturalization
- 10% Real Estate & Development Law
- 10% Civil Litigation
- 5% Family Law - Adoptions, Child Support, & Custody
- 5% Estate Planning & Business Formation
- 5% Wills & Probate
- 5% Real Estate & Development Law - Landlord Defense
- 30% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- Texas, 2007
- U.S. District Court Western District of Texas, 2009
- Catholic University of America, Columbus School of Law, Washington, District of Columbia
- J.D. - 2000
- Baylor University, Waco, Texas
- B.A. - 1996
- Honors: With Honors
- Major: Political Science/Economics
- American Immigration Lawyers Association, Member, 2008 - Present
- San Antonio Bar Association, Member, 2010 - Present
- Texas Bar, Member
- Texas Young Lawyers Association, Member
- Texas Economic Development Council, Member
- Villalobos & Vaughan, P.L.L.C., Associate, 2007 - 2009
- Earl & Associates, P.C., Law Clerk, 2005 - 2007
- Catholic Charities Archdiosces of San Antonio, 2008 - Present
Juan R. Gonzalez, PLLC
Firm OverviewIn South Central Texas, the first name in quality legal services is Juan R. Gonzalez, PLLC. Based in San Antonio, the firm represents individuals and business owners in a wide range of legal matters, including: Immigration, Family Law, Real Estate, Probate and Criminal. Our mission is to provide legal services of exceptional value with an emphasis on personal service, accessibility and reasonable rates. To speak with an attorney at our firm about your legal needs, call today, or fill out the form to the left. If you are facing deportation, getting a divorce, buying a home, or another serious legal matter, the attorney you choose is important. You want to hire an experienced and knowledgeable lawyer who is dedicated to seeking the best possible result on your behalf. Clients of Juan R. Gonzalez, PLLC can be confident that their case will be given the highest degree of competence and care. Your case will be handled from the beginning to the end by a dedicated attorney who takes time to answer your questions, return your calls and keep you informed throughout the duration of your case.
Immigration & Nationality Law, Real Estate Law, Wills and Probate, Civil Litigation, Business Litigation, Family Law, Business Transactions