Entering Canada after being convicted of a DWI

   previous   |   next →  
Craig199 12-15-2016 @ 6:13 AM                          
Joined: Dec 2016

I was convicted of DWI and had done my term in rehab. It's been 5 years since I am out. So, now, I have got a better work contract in Vancouver, Canada and I have my friends there. I ned a change from my current residence and I am planning to work in Vancouver for the contract period of 3 years.  

I know that once convicted of a DWI then I will have to go through several processes to be able to enter Canada. I read that once you are free without any record after 5 years, your record will be waivered. http://www.pardoncanada.com/travel-to-canada/can-you-go-to-canada-with-a-dui-entry/ In that case, do I have to inform the immigration about my record?

Please share what steps I have to take in this case.

Thank you.

" Confidence is Silent, Insecurities
are loud"

rihana10 02-09-2017 @ 5:18 AM                          
Joined: Feb 2017
Canada may not allow persons with DUI  (driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol) convictions to enter their country. A Canadian immigration officer will decide if you can enter Canada when you apply for a visa, an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA), or upon your arrival at a port of entry.
For further  info contact

Walshe_74 04-12-2017 @ 6:18 AM                          
Joined: Apr 2017
Now as it generally depends on immigration officer, theoretically you can enter. I know one of my friends who could enter Canada after DUI but he consulted with a top Los Angeles DUI attorney before doing his paperwork, so quite not sure what all transpired between them.

alisaa 06-19-2017 @ 1:37 AM                          
Joined: Jun 2017
I think it would be best for you to find an attorney. They will be able to provide you with more information regarding this.

Please fill out the form below
and receive a free case evaluation
at no cost or obligation.