Douglas N Burnett
Attorney Douglas Burnett is a Shareholder of St. John Law Group, a law firm in St. Augustine , FL. As a lawyer in St. Augustine , Florida, attorney Burnett serves Saint Johns County, as well as clients throughout Florida.
Areas of Practice
- Business Law
- Construction / Development
- Construction Accident
- Foreclosure / Loan Modification
- Real Estate
- Trusts and Estates
- Wills and Living Wills
Admitted to Practice Law
- 1998, Florida
|:||University of North Florida, BBA, 1994|
|Law School||:||Widener University School of Law, JD, 1998|
- The Florida Bar; St. Johns County Bar Association (President).
Local government law, including serving as general counsel for the St. Augustine – St. Johns County Airport Authority and the City of St. Augustine Beach, Florida. Mr. Burnett's practice also includes real estate development, real property and construction litigation, land use planning, comprehensive planning and concurrency, development agreements, financing and transactional matters. Mr. Burnett has represented all participants in the real estate development business including landowners, developers, contractors, lenders and brokers. His experience includes management of sensitive and controversial applications for development approval. Mr. Burnett has also handled litigation of contested zoning matters before the trial and Appellate Courts.
- Former Assistant County Attorney in St. Johns County, Florida.
- Former Assistant State Attorney in St. Johns County, Florida.
- Former Shareholder at Rogers Towers, P.A.
- Regularly serves as outside counsel to local governments.
- Represents numerous landowners and developers in negotiating with local government to obtain Development Agreements and Impact Fee Credit Agreements.
- Represents landowners and developers seeking amendments to the Comprehensive Plan and vesting under the Comprehensive Plan.
- Successful plat and street vacations.
- Extensive trial experience, including over thirty jury trials and non-jury trials, as well as mediation and arbitration.
- Representation of owners, general contractors, subcontractors, and design professionals in disputes and litigation involving both commercial and residential contract and construction claims.
- St. Augustine Lighthouse (Board Member and Founding Lights Member)
- St. Johns County American Cancer Society (Former Cattle Baron)
- St. Johns County Bar Association (Past President)
- St. Johns County Education Foundation (Board Member)
- St. Johns County Salvation Army (Advisory Council Member)
- Flagler College (Prior Visiting Instructor)
Born: Jacksonville, Florida
St. John Law Group
509 Anastasia Blvd
St. Augustine , Florida 32080
Firm OverviewWhether you’re selling your home in a short sale, 1031 exchange or by any other means, we are here to help you through your transaction. For many real estate closings our attorneys are able to provide minor legal services without any additional charge. For example, if you are selling property and a realtor has given you a proposed contract from a potential buyer, often times we can review and advise you on the contract without charging any additional attorneys’ fees if our attorneys are writing the title and serving as closing agent for the transaction. Buying property? We can assist with reviewing your contract, due diligence, title review, entitlements, including rezonings, variances, and related approvals. Our attorneys have extensive experience assisting buyers with due diligence and seeking approval for new development or new businesses. Additionally, unlike many title companies, since your transaction will be handled by attorneys from start to finish, we do not have to send your file out to a law firm to clear title issues. What does that mean for you? That means that we can clear up most minor title issues without an additional cost to you. We take pride in delivering timely services and exceeding the expectations of even the most demanding of real estate professionals. Our attorneys and staff understand that our work to close the transaction promptly and on time is a key component in the success of the overall closing of your real estate deal. We understand that you worked hard to put the deal together and expect the closing to go professionally and smoothly. We work hard to meet your expectations, whether preparing documents that contain clear and plain language, making sure the closing documents comport to the contract documents, communicating effectively with lenders, and working hard to help the parties minimize or overcome potential obstacles to closing. Finally, we keep you informed. Should the situation arise, our attorneys have experience with real estate litigation, including actions for damages and specific performance. Need a lease? We can draft it. Hiring a contractor? We can review or draft an agreement. Need zoning approval? We have experience with land development permitting.
: St. Augustine Real Estate and Litigation Lawyer. The Attorneys at St. Johns Law Group have the experience you need on any real estate related matter or issue in St. Augustine and the Northeast Florida area. Whether commercial or residential. Whether a cash transaction or a complex loan. In fact, our attorneys routinely represent clients throughout Florida with real estate transactions, closings and litigation related to real estate, including construction litigation, foreclosure defense, title claims, boundary and easement disputes and contract actions. We are also certified to conduct SBA loan closings.